Monday, December 17, 2012

CHECK-IN AT HT CLINIC

Past Week's Average Daily Consumption: Energy = 1502 cals.  Na = 2695 mg

Well today was my 3-month check-in at the hypertension clinic. My blood pressure was lower at 140mmHg/88 mmHg and I gained 3 pounds from my last weigh-in. Doc seemed to be ok with the results but for the amount of management work than I have put in over the last 3 months, I expected better results. By starting to take 1/2 hydrochlorizide a day it seems to have helped in lowering my BP yet it is a "high normal". Can the pill also be the reason for the weight gain or am I just well-fed? I always seem to be starving. My 3 times-a-week aquafit must have some affect though it certainly does not show today.

Definite menu planning is needed I think to keep the diet on track as well as be low sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may private message me at: donjoemorin@yahoo.ca
Please put "Sodium Diary" in the email header.