Monday, December 3, 2012

ON THE ROAD

Past Week's Average Daily Consumption: Energy = 980 cal   Na = 1590 mg

Been having a pleasant visit with Mom & Dad this week. I have to be careful what I eat but not making a big issue of it with Mom. She is a terrific cook. But now in her senior years, she does use more "convenience" foods than she used to when I was growing up. I'll just ask her not to season with the salt shaker as she cooks.
The restaurant dining is an entirely different matter. While I do ask the waiter for no salt, I am certain that many parts of the meal must come from a box or a can, and that restaurants prepare some foods in large quantities where salt is used. I'll have to be very aware to choose wisely while I'm travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may private message me at: donjoemorin@yahoo.ca
Please put "Sodium Diary" in the email header.